Our ValueValue of a Financial Advisor
To measure the value of a financial advisor, one must begin with an understanding of the investor returns of the average investor (the “do-it-yourselfer”).
A Vanguard study (The Added Value of Financial Advisors, Feb 2019) estimates that working with an advisor can potentially add “about 3%” of annual return, net of taxes and fees.
Have a Financial Advisor
According to the Vanguard study, working with a financial advisor can add value by improving investor returns through the following:
- Portfolio Construction (0 – 1.20%) – broad globally diversified portfolio, low cost, tax efficient, index based, and incorporating dimensions of expected return.
- Behavioral Coaching (1.50%) – adhering to a plan, avoiding big mistakes, discipline, and patience.
- Portfolio Management (0 – 1.05%) – regular rebalancing, and a tax efficient spending strategy.
Additional benefits beyond investment advice:
- Holistic wealth management integrated with corporate benefits, estate planning, retirement planning, and risk management
- Time saved by delegating responsibility to experienced, knowledgeable financial professionals
- Confidence in your financial future
Understanding what is most important
We believe the most important attributes of an exceptional financial advisor are:
- Integrity – The highest level of ethical standard and conduct is required to assure recommendations are in the best interest of the client, not the financial advisor.
- Knowledge – Possessing the required knowledge and skill to help guide clients through the countless number of financial decisions they will encounter.
- Empathy – The capacity to understand our client’s goals and concerns from your perspective. In short, the ability to put ourselves in your shoes.
Ours is a relationship built upon knowledge, integrity and trust offering:
- A robust and holistic strategy to address your wants and needs.
- Client focused financial planning and wealth management services.
- Investment processes built on market based evidence rather than hope, speculation, or “good ideas.”
- Superior client service and support.
- A transparent and fair fee structure.
- A durable organization providing for continuity of advice and support.
- A team that works closely with client’s tax and estate planning professionals.
- Understanding of complex corporate benefit plans and appropriate utilization.
- On-going tracking and implementation of your plan – making adjustments where necessary or desired.
- Confidence that allows you to focus on family, personal well-being, and what you do best.
- Doing things the right way – simple yet powerful. It is the bedrock principal upon which our firm was built.
*For purposes of this discussion, “advisor” is used as a general term to describe insurance/annuity and investment sales and advisory professionals who may hold varied licensing as insurance agents, registered representatives of broker-dealers, and investment advisory representatives (IAR) of registered investment advisors, respectively. “Advisor” in this context is not intended to necessarily refer to IAR-offered financial advisory/planning services.
BROAD BASED FINANCIAL PLANNING
QUALIFIED PLAN SERVICES
Non-Qualified Supplemental Executive Benefits
ESTATE PLANNING STRATEGIES & GENERATIONAL WEALTH TRANSFER
COMPANY SPONSORED GROUP INSRUANCE PLANS
Get In Touch
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 1000
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004-1735
+1 610 660 4123